XPanel Software Forums

Go Back   XPanel Software Forums > XPanel Software > FAQ
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the XPanel Software Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Default Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can I export my finished panel to a CAD format so that I can take it and have it cut.

No. Most professional panel builders tell us they can, and even prefer, to work with a panel image from which they can make a CAD drawing using their own dimensions and then cut the panel. If you prefer to have your own CAD drawing the great folks at Aerotronics (www.aerotronics.com) can convert your XPanel drawing to CAD for a small fee.

2. Do you have a panel template for airplane xxxxxx?

For the most part we distribute all panel templates we have. However, we are sometimes able to secure new panel templates on request. If you donít see the panel template you need please let us know and we will see if we can help. Note: We have had the best luck securing new kit templates by having kit owners request a CAD drawing of the panel from the manufacturer which we then convert for them.

3. Why donít I see equipment x on your system?

A number of factors influence equipment distribution.

XPanel has more the 2200 pieces of equipment loaded in our database but just less than 900 get distributed. Poor pictures and unavailable data are the two most common culprits for exclusion from distribution.

XPanel makes every effort to include all commercially available equipment. However, the breadth of manufacturers makes it impossible to keep up with them all and their latest equipment. If you find a manufacturer or piece of equipment we are missing please let us know and we will try to include it.

4. Can I install my copy of XPanel 5000 on more than one computer?

Yes. As long as it is your computer and you are the only one with access to the software on that computer.

5. Can I print a full scale panel?

Yes. The Professional version of XPanel 5000 allows you to print a full scale panel image. You can print it on multiple smaller (i.e. 8 1/2 x 11) sheets of paper and tape them together or you can export to a full scale image file and carry it to your local print shop (like Kinko's) to have it printed on a single sheet of paper.

6. Will XPanel run on 64 bit (X64) systems?

Yes.

To use XPanel on your X64 machine:

1. Download the special zipped files from http://www.xpanelsoftware.com/downloads/XPanel%205000%20X64.zip
2. Unzip the files
3. Replace the two files in your c:\program files (X86)\xpanel\xpanel 5000\ directory with the unzipped files.

The program should now run correctly.

IMPORTANT: You MUST run the program with administrative rights.
(Right click the icon > choose Properties > Advanced > Check Run as administrator)

7. Will XPanel run on a MAC?

Yes. XPanel was programmed using Microsoft .Net which will not natively run on MAC. However, we have had customers that were able to run it successfully on a MAC using VMware Fusion.

8. Will XPanel run on Windows 7?

Yes. We have successfully tested XPanel on Windows 7 and Windows 7 (X64)

Last edited by xpanelsoftware; 11-05-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added Windows 7 and X64 Information